Some prefer the term culture transformation or culture evolution to culture change. Some say shaping culture or hacking culture. Some say company culture and some say corporate culture. Some think of organizational culture, some of workplace culture. What is common for all is the desire to have more of certain behaviours and less of others.
Change objectives where Cultr is used:
Making core values come alive.
When new core values need to be implemented, or when existing core values despite best efforts are mostly just words on the wall.
Engagement in change programs.
When there is a need for an organisation to for example become more agile or to push for digital transformation. When existing change methods have not produced high enough engagement levels.
For kick-offs and events. Before, during and after.
When you have already tried everything to create the greatest kick off ever with leaderboards and image streams. When the kick-off needs real follow up actions in the weeks after.
When a fun and social way is desired to get everyone, not just the most motivated, to take small steps towards healthier habits.
Co-creating a grassroots view of the culture.
When you want to give your employees the voice and let them describe the company culture in a visual and authentic way. When you need to visualise your culture for employee branding, or want more feedback than quotes and survey data.
Breaking down silos.
When an organisation is not united enough due to different functions or locations. When personal connections are needed to make collaboration tools work well.
When a sales force needs motivation and inspiration from a sales drive combining sales training, sales videos and sales competitions between individuals or teams.
How to use Cultr for a change project
Cultr has a very direct approach to culture change. It simply tries to nudge, encourage, and activate people to do more of certain actions and behaviors. This means that if you know what you culture desire, Cultr could help you see more of that. Some argue that culture is very hard to change or evolve, and it takes a long time. This opinion often leads to taking little or no action to improve culture. Contrary to this, Cultr can nudge action and behaviour, leading to an immediate change of perception of “how things are done around here”.
It works like this:
- Determine your business case and what behaviours are desired for reaching your goals. Cultr’s Partner consultants can help you if needed.
- Set up an account for your company.
- Customize the appearance of the app to your brand and invitation/welcome texts to your goals.
- Create and schedule your challenges, missions, quizzes, surveys and leaderboards yourself in the Cultr admin. Or if you prefer, outsource this to your consultants or Cultr Partners.
- Launch the app by letting the system send out invitations to your users.
- Follow progress and engagement of users and groups in the admin analytics, get ideas and feedback from users, and react and adjust as needed.
- Download mission posts to use for internal communication or external employer branding.
How the app works
Users receive an email to download the app from their app store and then login to the app with the provided password.
Users login to the app, create their profile, and find the challenges, quizzes and surveys scheduled for them.
The challenges and missions nudges people to action. They prove it by taking a photo or short video.
Simply Do, Snap, Post.
The images of what they do gets posted on the Moodboard, creating an authentic view of your culture and people’s real actions manifesting it. It allows people to like and comment on what their colleagues have done to make things happen.
User receives points for what they do in the app. It can be a great motivator for competitive users. Multiple leaderboards can be configured for any content type, category, period or group of users.
“I love it” or “I really like it” are expressions users often use to describe what they think of Cultr. Employees like that they are involved in co-creating culture, seeing action from others and sharing recognition. Mission by mission, massive action is generated which mean much more than words.
Selected features of the app
- Interface customizable to brand colours and logo
- Challenges, Flash Missions, Quizzes, Surveys
- Create custom content for any goal
- Configurable leaderboards including teams
- In-app instant messaging
- Social media sharing
- Event sign-in
- SSL encrypted communication
- Running in AWS Cloud on Ireland
- GDPR compliance
- Multiple languages supported
Contact us today to get a demo of Cultr for your organization. Just fill out the form and we'll get back to you quickly.
If you have other questions you can contact us on